Saturday, May 29, 2010

Walking to Zabars

Today my fiance and I are going to walk about 70 blocks to Zabars, a specialty store here in NYC. We need the exercise and walking there means we won't hang out for an hour and load up our cart with every delicious thing so that will help save lots of money. I am trying to live my life more like my ancestors would have 100-150 years ago (baking my own bread, walking instead of driving, etc.) and hopefully this will help me slim down a bit and save a bit of money as well! I think that might be my 30 day goal sometime this year to REALLY live that way (handwashing my own clothes, etc. on top of everything else) but it will be at least September before that is a possibility because of the wedding and the showers and everything that is happening before then that is wedding related.

This is still leftover weekend, apparently. Everything we are eating is leftovers from this week so none of it will go bad hopefully. It always hurts my wallet to see food being thrown out.

No comments:

Post a Comment